Fact 97: Did Albert Einstein like wearing socks?

Fact 97: Did Albert Einstein like wearing socks?

No because when he was a boy his big toe kept making a hole in his socks which Einstein found uncomfortable so Einstein disided to not wear socks however he did keep wearing shoes and unsurprisingly seemed to prefer shoes which didn't show his lack of socks. We know this because Einstein wrote in a letter to his wife Elsa while on trip to Oxford,  Einstein wrote, "I got away without wearing socks, and hid the lack of civilisation in high boots."

In Albert Einstein's biography written by Robinson and Walter Isaacson stated "He also once told a neighbour, "I have reached an age when, if someone tells me to wear socks, I don't have to."

in the Oxford Science Museum (The Museum of the History of Science), still has on of the chalkboard that Albert Einstein wrote on.
Infact I have actually seen it, it is a small chalkboard however the science on it is about, expansion in the universe, which is expressed by D,  on it Einstein also estimated the age of the universe being 10 or 100 billions years which isn't far off todays estimation of 15 billion year.



I do what to add however that to me Albert Einstein chalkboard just looked impressive and just a lot of letters and numbers and these symbols ~ and (-) this on a chalkboard, I unsurprisingly didn't understand any of it infact I had to go and find a summary by the Oxford University (this is the article) (and this is a different article i read, this is a pdf) in order to tell you some of it with out getting it wrong (it was just after covid when I went so it was very quiet). 

Unfortunately only one of the chalkboard has survived because the other was accidentally wiped in the museum's storeroom I think however I can't quite remember, but I think, it was a cleaner who thought the chalkboard was meant to be wiped however luckily they is still one hanging on the wall opposite the gift shop and above the old medical stuff.



Popular posts from this blog

Fact 196: When was MI5 formed?